The Svelte framework, which ranks third before Angular, made its own adjustments to the rating. More and more tools or components include Svelte as a target framework (eg Vite).
Here is what the top front-end frameworks look like:
DISCLAIMER: the choice of a framework is a personal matter for everyone. We do not insist on the absolute universality of our three, and they are just the most common in our team 🙂
Vue – a universal soldier guarding the front-end
This framework has become especially popular in recent years. From “one of the hundreds” he went to a leading position and became a favorite in a professional environment. Today, Vue is considered one of the most suitable frameworks for asynchronous rendering on the server side.
Professional Vue.js for developers is a relatively recent framework designed to increase performance and accelerate loading. But these are not the only strengths that often distinguish Vue.js.
Vue.js allows you to create amazing web and mobile interfaces, as well as one-page applications are much easier than other frameworks. And since Vue is not only one of the most famous JS-frames with open source but also one of the largest libraries, it is used to create various components of the site. The versatility and reliability of the frame has been repeatedly proved by large companies. For example, the Netflix streaming website uses Vue.js as Facebook for marketing news tapes.
Nevertheless, it is designed to solve problems that exist with Angular and React. Of course, Vue.js has both pros and cons. It has an open source code and is supported by donations from sponsors and partners, including Vehikl, Modus Create, Rangle, Laravel, Storekit, Devexpress, and many others.
Of the undeniable advantages, you can highlight:
- Progressiveness. Vue.js can be added to your HTML code as a simple script tag, and it will gradually expand, adapting to your needs until it can control the entire layer. That is why in some circles it is called “new jquery.”
- Community and support. Angular is supported by Google, REACT is supported by Facebook, but Vue.js is fully supported by an open source community, which relies on the contribution of local developers and donating sponsors to advance forward. Nevertheless, the latter managed to challenge Angular and React as a preferred structure for web development.
83,400 questions on StackOverflow by tag #vue.js and more than 187,800 stars on Github are talking about the popularity of Vue.js.
React.js – pull Facebook, also pull the rest
React.js was created by the Facebook project team back in 2013, but not only has it not become outdated and has not lost its popularity but, on the contrary, has become even more in demand due to its characteristics. The React.js library was created in order to separate the interface into parts and make the development of the final product easier and faster.
React.js creates an efficient virtual DOM known as the Document Object Model or vDOM. This allows you to create a lightweight DOM tree and store it on the server side.
Programmers have no particular complaints about the React.js framework. For the most part, this is due to the fact that this environment is undergoing a stage of active development and improvement, which makes it stable and accurate in operation. A clear feature of the framework is that it is essentially a library. However, due to its wide functionality, the tool allows you to use it without using other services. React.js does not need to be integrated with other services. The front-end implementation of this tool demonstrates high efficiency.
From the advantages of React.js:
- Optimization and acceleration of the update process.
- Implementing block readability with JSX. It shows how components are connected or combined.
- React Data Binding – sets the conditions for building dynamic applications.
- Live rendering. Using the includes methods to minimize the number of DOM operations helps streamline and speed up the update process.
- Tested. Native React tools are offered for testing and debugging code.
- Optimization for SEO. React introduces the first load experience through server-side rendering and hooking up user-side event handlers.
- Thanks to React + ES6/7, the application becomes high-tech and suitable for high-load systems.
Angular is an eternal competitor who does not stand aside
Angular is the most valuable framework in the technological arena, the most mature and proven. At the same time, he produces updates in accordance with the trends in the industry.
The first advantage is bilateral data binding. Thanks to her, the developers get the opportunity to create templates faster. Any changes made in the performance or layer of presentation are automatically and instantly displayed in the model. Simply put, Angular is built on the basis of MVC architecture (Model View Controller), which allows developers to make changes easily. In case of any changes made to the “model,” “view” instantly changes.
Of the pluses, you can highlight:
- A mature framework, which has good support from the participants and is a Full Package;
- It is used with Typescript and has exceptional support for this (checking static types can be very useful for large applications, as well as add performance to developers working on Java and C#);
- Angular-Language-Service-provides intellectual capabilities and auto-performance of the HTML component template;
- one -sided data binding, ensuring the exclusive behavior of the application, minimizing the risk of errors;
- Structure and architecture are specially designed for a large scalability in the project.
The choice of framework is an essential task at the first step in development. And the final choice of the framework depends on the project that needs to be implemented, so it is important that the team has experience working with them and can objectively evaluate the pluses of the minuses and choose the most suitable project for specific purposes. The ITERA Research team has specialists working with all the key frameworks because each project has its tasks so we will find an approach and a solution to any project.