Ukraine – the unannounced Mecca of outsourcing. Moreover, in areas requiring high qualifications: software development, support of IT projects, etc. The outsourcing market is growing at 20% at an annual rate, and this growth is expected to only increase.
Unique offer from Ukrainian outsourcers
Why, despite the serious competition and high activity of Asian companies, a good share of this pie goes to the specialists from Ukraine?
The main reasons:
- excellent technical education of IT specialists
- the ability to make independent interim decisions
- willingness to solve complex problems
- minor cultural differences between our specialists and foreign customers.
The puzzles of the Ukrainian cultural code, are very close to Western and Central Europe and even to North Americans. Ukrainians are convenient performers for customers from different parts of Europe precisely they embody the golden mean of Europeans themselves.
The arithmetic mean of cultural Europe
Let’s take distant from each other, as it seems, Swiss and Italians (mentally, not geographically). Different temperaments, different ideas about punctuality, different attitudes to the state power, to the law, different religious degrees, etc. All these differences fall into the range of acceptablу for the average Ukrainian developer fluctuations.
- We are happy to express openly our emotions. However, we know very well how to hide them on occasion.
- We know how to be accurate, like a Swiss watch. However, we can talk about reasonable flexibility over time (by the way, this flexibility allows us to work towards reducing the deadline if the project deadlines were cut unexpectedly).
- With all our hearts we want to trust the state, authorities, and superiors. However, watching the next pirouettes of the “superior”, we are ready to reduce their value in our lives.
Well and further on the list. All this does not say anything about our unprincipled – it is natural flexibility, which allowed us to survive in different conditions for centuries. That is why we can quite organically be both introverts and extroverts, intellectuals and “simple-minded”, etc.
Let us add the common ground for all Europeans: Christianity as a fundamental religion, emerging from Roman law and inherited from the ancient Greeks culture and statehood.
- Finally, as for most Europeans, English is not native to us. Which to some extent facilitates communication, limiting it to accessible vocabulary.
Yes but no, but yes
Does this make the Ukrainian an ideal outsourcer for a European client? Here we again recall the cultural proximity of our compatriot and client. After all, it is common for us to look (unlike the valiant dumping) not at the collective image, but the individual qualities of the performer. A specific Ukrainian performer may disappear from the radar, ignore deadlines and point-blank not understand the terms of reference. But!
If we talk about the average temperature in a hospital, Ukrainians are a good choice with their desire to plunge deeply into the task, a good profile education, understandable English and similar personal values (even a sense of humor), we think.